Alpha Company Membership
= a link to a remembrance has been posted for one who served, either on the Wall or Memorial page.
= a link to a donation that was made in the name of one who served, either on the Wall or Memorial page.
- Adkisson, Gregory – Rach Kien – 8/69 – 11/70
1431 Walsh Rd.
Ely, Mn. 55731
- Adrian, George – 1st Platoon – Rach Kien – 1/69 – 6/69
820 Summit Avenue
Chippewa Falls WI 54729-3525
- Alcorn, Dan – F.O. – Rach Kien – 09/69-03/70
4808 N Pate
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
I was forward observer (8A) for Alpha Company
- Anderson, Alan G. (Andy) – Commanding Officer – 10/68-5/ 69
5455 No Name Road
Anacortes, WA 98221
Commander and occasional rifleman, Oct 68 to May 69.. Give
me a shout
- Anderson, John, H. “Doc” – 1st Platoon Medic – Bien Phouc – 1/70-3/71
944 S. Hawthorne Rd.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27103
I was a medic in 1st. platoon went through Shakeys Hill and went to the 1st. Air Cav. when we busted up. Other docs were Beckman, Truxal, Howard. Spent a summer with Doc Truxal between Michigan and Texas right after Nam and it was one of the best times of my life. Lost touch and want to hook up again. Met Gary Porter and Buddy West at the Atlanta 500 in 1972. Lost touch with them also. Got up with Leo Cachu over the phone and that is a great start. Any home boys out there get in touch
- Arnold Paul.. – Alpha Co Medic – 12/68 – 9/69
230 N. Ellicott Creek Road
Amherst, NY 14228
I never received my Combat Medic’s Badge. I have a clain with the Army to get this long overdue medal. Anyone who remembers me please contact me.
- Ayres, George B. – E5 – 12/67-12/68
2618 McComas Rd.
White Hall, Maryland 21161
I was Sgt. E-5, Also went to the Big Red One, Was the mess sgt at the end. Looking for anyone who served with me or played CARDS with me.
- Bartlett, John, W. – 1st Platoon – Tan An – Rach Kien – 12/69-10/70
403 E. Fairview Ave. # 31
Meridian, Idaho 83642
I served with the 1st Platoon, Company A, 5th Bat/60th Infantry, 3rd Brde, 9th Infantry Div. I would like to hear from my fellow buddies that I served with. Peace to all and welcome home.
- Barna, Brian – 2nd Platoon – Dong Tam – Fire Base Moore – Rach Kien 10/68 – 8/69
9924 Berwick Street
Livonia MI 48150
Served with some of the best, the others were in other Divisions or Services.
- Barrera, Roberto – 2nd Platoon – 1/69 – 1/70
2837 Blue Grass Drive
Corpus Christi TX 78410
- Benson, John O.
- Blankman, Lawrence (Larry) – Binh Phuoc – 4/67 – 4/68
8355 Morse Place
Crown Point, IN 46307
- Boyd, Emerson J. – 1LT. – Executive Officer – 2nd Platoon – 3rd Platoon – 4th Platoon – Rach Kien, Bein Phuc – 09/69-09/70
Porter, William R.
2130 Howey Drive
Salt Lake, Utah
3rd platoon 4th Platoon (mortar), 2nd platoon, XO, 1st Lt. Use the e-mail
- Brewer, Daniel – Rach Kien – 8/69 – 8/70
Mayodan, N. Carolina 27027
- Buehrig, Grant – 3rd Platoon – Commanding Officer – Binh Phuoc – 2/68-6/ 68
- Burgi, Stan – 2nd Platoon – Dong Tam, Fsb Moore, Rach Kien – 07/68-06/69
6767 Springfield St.
San Diego, Ca 92114
- Cachu, Leo – 12/69-10/70
- Cagigas, Jaime Javier “Gig” – Binh Phouc – 3/67 – 4/68
Jerry V. Horn Robert B. England II
10717 Greene Drive
Lorton, Virginia 22079
Given the difficulty of pronouncing my last name; some one got the bright idea to take the middle letters from my name and nick named me “Gig”. It stuck. Nice to be back.
- Cain, Dave – Binh Phuoc – 12/67 – 12/ 68
301 Oklawaha Dr
Riverview Fl 33569
- Candelaria, Rudolph L. – 4th Platoon – Binh Phuoc – 5/67 – 5/68
1660 W University Heights Dr N
Falstaff, AZ 86001-8918
Would like to hear from any of the guys that were there with me.
- Carlson, Robert W. – FO from B Bty, 2/4th Artillery – Binh Phuoc – 1/67 – 9/67
19 October Lane
Weston, MA 02493
I was the FO for “A” Company, 5/60th Infantry, from March – September, 1967. I served under 1Lt. Ray Masseau (?SP?), and with platoon leaders Don Graham, Loren Saxton and John ?? from California. I’d like to find the big PFC from South Boston, MA, who saved me from drowning in a narrow but very deep stream in or about June – August 1967, as well as any others who served with me at that time. I’d also like to connect with my Recon Sgt., Bill Kelly, from Illinois, and my RTO, Gordon Iverson, from Washington State. A lot of what we did is just a blur for me now.
- Cartmill, Ernest – Rach Kein – 8/68-10/69
6718 SW Fairdale Drive
Topeka, Ks 66619-1331
- Chapman, Thomas A. – Rach Kien – 09/68-08/69
461 N Mulford Rd
Rockford, Illinois 61107
- Chester, Michael E. – Rach Kien – 1/69 – 9/69
11 Pickford Avenue
Buffalo NY 14223
Senior clerk and occasional rifleman.
- Ciccolo, Daniel – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien – 6/68 – 6/69
33541 University Drive
Union City, CA 94587
It’s great to see old and new faces. God Bless You All.
- Corsale, Alfred J. – SP4 – late 66-67
- Coviello, Nick – 3rd Platoon -Binh Phouc – 5/68 – 9/68
253 Woodland Ave
Manorville, NY 11949
Was in 3rd plt.(mech) and went to 1st div. when the switch was made.
- Deal, Steve A. – Rach Kein – 5/69-5/70
I was originally assigned to 4/39, then after the pull out begin I was sent to 5th 60th. My high school buddy Eugene Wesson was with the 5th 60th A company and when I got to Rach Kein I was assigned to A company and we had a great reunion. Six months later I was transferred to HHC at Tan An to S-3 and Wesson was transferred to Americal Division.
- Dearing, John – 1st Platoon – Bien Phouc – 2/68-1/69
2522 Ave D
Fort Madison,IA 52627
- Delaney, Joe – 1/68 – 9/68
1330 Fairfax Drive
Lafayette, IN 47909
- Diamond, James O. – Rach Kien – 11/68 – 2/69
938 Springbrook Drive
Hinton, IA 51024
Assigned to M-60 crew. gunners last name was Sanders, squad leader Parsons. Other last names Wilson & McGriff. I was wounded 2/69. Need info
- Dimond, Allan – Bear Cat – 12/66 – 1/68
48 Angel Ridce Rd. PO Box 136
Lakeside MT 59922
Looking for Don Humphrey and Larry Halsrud B Co 5th of the 60th.
- Divecchio, Keith “Doc” – 3rd Platoon Medic – Binh Phuoc – 8/67 – 8/68
Medic with 3rd Platoon, Alpha Co
- Dumais, Robert L. – 1/70 – 8/70
56 Centennial Avenue
Gloucester MA 01930
It was an honor serving with these men; memories of Cambodia, eagle flights and Viet villages. I will never forget.
- Dyer, Mike R. – Binh Phouc – 67-68
7175 W. Brilliant Star Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743
Don’t remember all. Binh Phuoc-to Delta. The Army-Navy combined operation. Plain of Reeds. Driver Jim Thompson(sp), James Dunn, Wayne Wainright, bad memory from keeping everything inside.
- Dyson, Roger – Rach Kien – 8/69 – 3/70
7848 Lake Street
Lake Charles LA 70605
Was with 4th-39th. 3/69 – 8/69
- Edmands, Bob – Tan An South- 7/67 – 7/68
15 Ada Road
Chepachet, Rhode Island 02814
I would like to say a strong hello to everyone after all these years and thank Earl Haug who saved my life. Earl did not make it home with the rest of us. God rest his soul.
- Ebbole, Daniel – 1st Platoon – Rach Kien – 1/69-1/70
Cell – 559-978-2473
Was in 1st Platoon as a M-60 Gunner. Served with Newell and John Coyle and in contact with them. Had the Nickname “Nickie New Guy”. Want to hear from anyone I served with. Live in Georgia. Do not have a computer. Please send me information pertaining to reunion in case I am able to attend. “Nickie New Guy”
- Everidge, Ronnie T. – 1st Platoon – Binh Phouc – 02/68 – 05/68
116 Tilley Lane
Statesville, NC 28625
I served with Alpha Co. Feb, 1968 until May 7, 1968, when I was wounded in fighting at Cholon section of Saigon. I was a PFC and served with the 1st Platoon.
- Frazier, John – Binh Phouc – 8/66-8/67
Like to hear from anyone that has the time. I can remember thing’s from training to the first 6 month’s of 67 maybe I can stir your mind, or you can mine. Hope to hear from you all.
- Galimitakis, Milton (The Greek) – 1st Platoon – Rach Kien – 8/68-8/69
4725 Rowan Rd Apt 309
Newport Richey, FL 34653
I was in 1st squad, 1st platoon, an E-4. I was in Rach Kien, Dong tam, My Tho, Mekong Delta, and the plain of reeds. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Id love to hear from anyone, and get together for a reunion.
- Giallanza, Joe – Binh Phuoc- 1/68 – 9/68
6 Springdale Rd.
Manchester, NJ 08759
Like to hear from anyone from 4th platoon who remembers my track with the high angle hell flag and the dice with the pair of 2s painted on the side for my nickname, Little Joe
- Gilmer, James E. – Ft.Riley – 5/66 – 8/67
48 Mill St.
New Holland, GA
Would like to hear from any one Johnny Hulsey (Mechanic in Motor Pool). He and I were close friends. Larry Martin. Joe Delong, Freddie Lemons. Were all in Transportation. Would really like to hear from Sgt. Norman. If any one remembers when Joseph (Jay)Fowler was killed. Welcome Home to all. James E. Gilmer, President, Georgia State Council Vietnam Veterans of America
- Giordano, James – 3rd Plt. – Binh Phuoc – 11/66-8/67
6142 67 Street
Middle Village NY 11379
email@example.com I would like to hear from anyone (especially) from A Company, 3rd Platoon…Mike Buono, Kevin Kell, Lt. Ray Maloof, R. Underwood, Charles Ulacco, Claude Williams, Marvin Jackson, etc.
- Glaze, Gary – FO – 4/69-9/69
- Golden, Mike – Rach Kien, Binh Phouc – 2/70-
Lowell, Mass 01852
- Gray, Eddie – Binh Phuoc – 5/67-5/68, SP4 (& HHC) 170 Gray Rd, Gray, GA 31032 firstname.lastname@example.org 478-256-9294 I am hoping that the family members of Jerry Horn will contact me – he was KIA Sept 16, 1967
- Goodwin, William D. – 2/67-2/68
- Gothier, Dennis – Mortar Platoon – Rock Kien – 12/68-12/69
1207 Greenlawn Drive
Norfolk, Nebraska 68701
I was in the mortar platoon.
- Graziano, Joseph M. – Rach Kien – 11/68 – 3/70
7814 W. Cherry Hills Drive
I also served in Echo Company
- Gulley, Rick – 2nd platoon – Rach Kein – 12/68-12/69
143 Banjo Ct.
Lake Lure NC 28746-9642
- Hamilton, Robert E. – 1st Platoon – Bear Cat, Bein Son, Tan An, Dong Tam, Bien Phuoc – 07/66 – 04/67
John C. Weborg
PO Box 98
Dorchester, NJ 08916-0090
I went to Viet Nam on the Uss Wiggle. We left from Oakland Ca. Dec.1,1966. I was with the 1st Platoon 2nd Squad A Co. 5th/60th (mech). After we landed in Viet Nam we went to Bear Cat, then moved north to Bien Son. We stayed there for about a month then we moved south to the Mae Cong Delta. Our base camp was suppose to be Tan An, but our company moved around a lot and we were never in the base camp. We would load the APCs with ammo and C-ration, then move to various areas in the Delta, build bunkers stay there for a few weeks, send out patrols, set up ambushes, ect. Then we would move out to another area, and do it all over again. I think it was around Feb. 1967 when we set up a perimeter around Dong Tam to guard the area while they were building the base camp there. After we left there we went to an area more south of Dong Tam. I think it was around the first part of April, the 3rd of the 39th Inf. got into a major battle just south of Siagon. Our unit 5th/60th was called upon to go from the Delta north to the battle site and support the 3rd/39th in the battle. We had to drive all day to get there. When our unit arrived, there were jets from Saigon making air strikes, plus heavy artillery and major fire fights going on. Shortly after we arrived, the VC started to break contact. We tried to head off their tactical withdraw, but we didn’t make much contact with them. After that we went back south to the Mea Cong Delta. The last place I was while in country was Bien Phuoc. I was wounded there on April 10, 1967, and got a one way ticket home.
- Harderson, Gary – rach kien – 6/69-1/70
Las Vegas, Nev. 89180
started tour 1/69 w/ 3rd-60th. came to 5th-60th when disengagement started.
- Hinkley, Willard F. – Binh Phouc, FB Lambert – Alpha Company CO – 5/68-6/68
3 El Sereno Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
I need help remembering names of men I served with.
- Holder, John Lee – 3rd Platoon 3rd squad – Binh Phuoc – 10/67-10/68
188 Dawley Dr
Stonington, Ct 06378
- Hopkins, John C. – Binh Phuoc – 1/68 – 8/68
San Antonio, TX 78201
Member of the 3rd Herd, nickname, “Deadman”.
- Inguanta, Stephen J. – 1st Platoon – Rach Kien – 10/68 – 8/69
24 Kastal Drive
Ridge, NY 11961
- Holt, John F. – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien, Ben Phouc – 9/69-10/70
411 Claver Ct #56
Louisville, Ky 40203
submitted by r. irvin
- Irvin, Richard W. – 3rd Platoon, 3rd Squad – Rach Kien – 6/69 – 4/70
Ronnie Johnson, Victor Stribling, Ron Bishop, Don Tripp, Arturo Nazabal, Oscar White, William Porter
7250 W. Main St.
Decatur, Illinois 62522
7/10 Plain Of Reeds – 9/17 canal xing when SGT. Bates killed. FSB Manassas @1/70 2/4/70 when Tate, Schultz, wounded etc. etc. Started out w/ A Co. 3rd Bn. 60th Inf. Met ? Harderson, Plettenburg, Tanasz, Trump in Vegas in ’99 or 2000.
- Johnson, Gerald W. – Company CO – Rach Kien – 9/69 – 3/70
606 Windwood Drive
Greenville, AL 36037
- Jones, Terry D. – Alpha Co – Rach Kien – 9/69 – 6/70
41 Villa Drive
Granite City IL 62040
- King, Grady – Hdqs Plt / Weapons Plt. – Binh Phuoc – 12/67 – 12/68
2964 Shaw Street
Asheboro NC 27205
I drove the A-2 track and sat behind the 50 cal most of the time in Nam. When we moved to the 1st Division, I mounted another 50 cal on my track. If anybody remembers the track with the two 50 cals or rode on it give me a call or e-mail anytime.
- Koenig, Les SP/4 – 3rd Platoon – 10/67-10/68
- Kozak, Bob – 3rd Platoon – 12/66-11/67
- Kost, Richard D. – Mortar Platoon – Rach Kien – 12/68 – 12/69
3614 N. Longpine Pt.
Beverly Hills FL 34465
- Krebsbach, C. Fred – 2nd Platoon – Rach Kien – Binh Phuoc – 6/69 – 7/70
501 Winona St. SE
Chatfield, MN 55923
- LaChance, James – 2nd Platoon – 4/67 – 8/67
12172 Friday Q.1 Road
Rapid River, MI 49878
I was in A/2nd Plt. and was wounded in August ’67. Our APC was hit by a mine.
- Lamb, Donald E. – Tan An – 01/70-01/71
422 Turnpike RdA
Ashford, Connecticut. 06278
- Lockwood, David A. – Rach Kien – 12/68 – 4/69
10697 Cook Road
Pavilion NY 14525
- Lofton, Elmer (Pete) – Rach Kien – 1968 – 1969
6507 Dryden Dr.
McLean VA 22101
I was also in Echo Co and HHC
- Lynch, Raymond A. – Rach Kien – 10/68 – 5/69
420 Allison Drive
Palm Bay FL 32908-6406
We All Gave Some, Some Gave All, As Long As We Breath, We Remember. We Were Never Defeated Nor Shall We Ever Be! Our History Is Our Foundation, Look Forward To Our Future & Forget Not What Ties Us Together. Peace Be With You My Brothers & Sisters. Continue Your Quest For More Light!
- MacKechnie, Mac – 10/68-10/68
1801 4th Ave.
Anoka, MN 55303 – 2466
- Maddox, Marion – 3rd platoon – Rach Kein – 1969-1970
3203 Cliff Oaks Dr.
Corinth, TX. 76210
- Mallett, Gene A. – Dong Tam – 9/68 – 10/68
1706 Lindsey Lane
Southaven, MS 38672
We moved from Lai Ke to Dong Tam on 9/13/68 (Friday 13th) fron A/1/16 1st Div. to A/5/60 9th Div. same day Gen. Ware was killed. I was a M60 gunner and hit a booby-trap on 10/18/68 and lost a leg. I only remember a few first names and have a few pictures. Lonnie, tell your friend that I got the birthday cake in Brooke General Hospital, San Antonio, TX a few months late. Tell her thanks.
- Mann, William J. – 3rd platoon – Rach Kein – 1/69-12/70
690 W 77th St.
Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
- Massey, Earl – 8/67-11/67
5th Battalion Association Founding President
5th Battalion Association Public Affairs Officer
- Mayabb, Lonnie – 1st Platoon – 11/68-4/69
- McAlarney, John C. III “Teach” – 1st Platoon – Co. Clerk – Rach Kien – 11/68-1/70
1 Beehaven Drive
Wheeling, WV. 26003
1st platoon, company clerk, known as “Teach”
- McCarron, Geoffrey – Commanding Officer – 10/67-12/67
7027 McLennan Avenue
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- McHale, Bill – 3rd Platoon – Binh Phuoc – 5/68-10/68
Welcome brothers. Need to know if any one got cancer do to agent orange.
- Meddaugh, Mike, A. – F.O. – Rach Kien – 8/69-12/69
52 Forest Street
Upton, MA 01568
508 529 3876
I was the FO Team Recon Sgt. attached to the company from A Btry, 2/4 Arty. Spent a couple weeks with B. Co the beginning of August then moved to A Co.
- Mendoza, Robert – 1st Platoon – 9/67-5/68
1st Squad/1st Platoon
- Messantonio, William W. (Massi) – 1st Platoon – 10/67-10/68
- Miller, Lyle G. – Rach Kien – Binh Phuoc – 1/70 – 9/70
5535 X Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
I was also with the 11th ARC after the 9th went home.
- Mitchell, Sidney – 3rd Plt. – Rach Kien – 68-69
Detroit., Michigan 48214
submitted by rick irvin
- Mitkos, Lynn – 1st Plt – Binh Phuoc – 5/67-2/68 69-70
PO Box 14441
Madison, WI 53708
I currently don’t know or remember anyone I served with. At the end of 68 five of us formed an echo team at Binh Phuoc. Anyone who knows me please help.
- Moen, Ted – 1st. LT – 3rd Platoon – Commanding Officer – 10/67-4/68
- Morgan, Norman – Rach Kien – ’69-’70
1307 Brookhaven Drive
Wilson, N. Carolina 27896
- Mullins, Richard (Keith) – Rach Kein, Binh Phouc – 5/69- 5/70
6 Vickers Dr.
Elkview, West Virginia 25071
- Naulty, James D. – Binh Phouc – 3/67to 9/67
Mullins, Mitchel, Donaldson, Sindilar, where are some of these guys?
- Nauyalis, Mark – Binh Phuoc – Sgt E-5 – 4th Platoon – 4/68 – 9/68
- Neptune, Steven Jennings – Binh Phouc – 12/66 – 9/67
875 Elmwood Ave.
Lincoln, NE 68510
- Neuman, Richard (Rick) F. – Binh Phouc – 1/68 – 12/68
35 Eagle Valley Drive
Oakland TN 38060
1st Platoon Leader
- Newell, Robert – Dong Tam, FB More, Rach Kein – 9/68 – 8/69
P.O. Box 761 (36 Amherst Dr)
Derry, New Hampshire 03038
Originally entered Vietnam 5-67 and served in the infantry as a field soldier until 8-69. Units served with included 2/34th Armor, II Field Force, 1st Platoon Alpha Co 1/16th 1st Inf Div, 1st Platoon Alpha Co 5/60th 9th Inf Div. Missions and operations too numerous to mention here. Do not presently have E-mail address. Attended 5/60th reunion. Looking forward to hearing from others
- Norris, Roland E.- Bear Cat, Binh Phuoc – 12/66 to 11/67
18817 Hanthorn Dr.
Independence, Missouri 64057
I was in heavy weapons platoon from Fort Riley until the day I left Viet Nam. We were attached to battalion recon in early spring of 1967, as an 81 mm mortar squad and scouted the area where the fire base at Binh Phouc was later built. Would love to hear from any 5/60 veterans.
- Oakley, John F. – Bear Cat, Binh Phuoc – 5/68 to 6/69
221 Gordon Street
Reidsville N.C. 27320
I arrived in Vietnam in May 68 with A Co. 5/60 Infantry. Our basecamp was Binh Phuoc. We were a mechanized outfit but we did leg work as well. We conducted ambushes, heli-borne missions, and sweeps all over the Mekong Delta area. After 4 or 5 months in Country our battalion was swapped out with A Co. 1/16 Infantry (1st Infantry Division) and we moved north to our basecamp at Lei-Khe. I drove an APC carrier, ran over a landmine, blew my guys off of the top but luckily no one was killed in that incident. We did lose Gen Ware and several of my close friends in battles later on. I came back to the states in July of 69 and finished my tour at Ft. Carson, CO. My Capt there was Paul Garrell. If anyone is still around, I would love to hear from you.
- Olson, Manley – 12/66-12/67
- Orozco, Antinio – BearCat – 12/66 – 11/67
10 McKinley Place
Weet Orange, NJ 07052
- Ortiz, Mario Alberto – 4th Platoon – Rach Kien – 9/68 – 3/69
10211 Clematis Avenue
North Little Rock, AR 72118
cell – 501-256-2322
- Ossen, Howard– 3rd Platoon – 01/68-01/69
- Pemberton, Dan – Rach Kien – 5/69-
Springfield, Virgina 22152
- Pifer, David – 2nd Platoon – Rach Kien – 8/69-10/70
- Pizzo, Sam – 2nd Platoon – 12/66-11/67
Warren, MI 48089
Who remembers the name of the rubber plantation. Our 1st Sgt. Parrish was on the 50 caliber the 1st fire fight in the plantation.
- Platt, John J. – 3rd Platoon – 10/68-9/69
7398 KoKo Beach Road
Union MO 63084-2072
I was first attached to the Big Red “1” at Firebase Moore, then went to the 9th Division, 5th/60th at Rach Kien. I’d like to thank all of my brothers for being a part of my life, especially the ones who gave all. We are the lucky ones…God love us all.
- Plettenberg, Jim – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien, Binh Phouc – 9/69-9/70
Hamilton, Montana 59840
3rd squad-3rd plt. machine-gunner.
- Prado, Javier G. – 3rd Platoon – 9/69-9/70
9116 Bartley Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-2345
- Presley, William Franklin – Binh Phouc and Cambodia – 04/1970 – 1971
205 Woodridge Drive
Sheffield, Alabama 35660
I was at Binh Phouc when I went to Cambodia, then back to Binh Phouc for “Eagle Flights”. I was one of the soldiers that stayed behind to gaurd Binh Phouc on the last night to turn it over to the Viet Namese the next morning. During the night, we called in a medavac for a guy named Dickey and the brave chopper pilots landed even though they were fired upon….that was the last night ever for the 9th at Binh Phouc. Then, we were redeployed to other units and I ended up in Cu Chi with the 2nd/27th of the 25th division….then I was sent to MACV Advisory Team #32 at Ghia Ghnia in the Quan Duc Province (if I spelled that right).
- Raggs, Cedell “Raggman” – Binh Phouc – 67/68
126 Chinkapin Ct
Slidell, LA. 70460
The singing black SSG with the sweet smile. Loved to sing anywhere. The Lord was preparing me for the ministry. God Bless all the warriors of Binh Phouc! Looking forward to hearing from all my brothers-in-arms.. God Bless.
- Reimold, David L. – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien – 2/70-10/70
1509 Barnes Mill Road
Richmond, KY 40475
- Riley, Larry K. – 2nd Platoon – Binh Phuoc – 6/69 – 3/70
PO Box 1126
Livington, MT 59047
- Rinn, Edward P. (Ted) – Sgt.(E5) – 1st Platoon – 11/68-11/69
1st Platoon Alpha Company
- Rivers, Greg S. – Binh Phuoc – 5/68 – 9/68
104 Via Eldorado Dr.
Warner Robins, GA 31088
home – 478-953-8017
Served with 5th/60th Mech. Inf. 3rd Herd. Company Ass Kicking Alpha,until we got reasign to the Big Red One 1st/16th in Sept 1968. .
- Rodriguez, Johnny – SP/4 – 2nd Platoon – 8/66-11/67
2nd Platoon, 2nd Squad
- Rohan, Jim – 1st Platoon R.T.O. – 5/68-7/68
- Saldivar, Erveiz – Rach Kien – 8/68-8/69
Would like to hear from all of my buddies.
- Sanders, Dwight – Rach Kien – 1969
200 South Magnolia
Harrodsburg KY 40330
- Saxton, Loren T. – LT – 2nd Platoon – Ft. Riley, KS.,USS Wiggle, Bearcat, Dong Tam, Binh Phouc – 07/66 – 11/67
Co A, 2d Plt Ldr., Bn. Adj.
- Schade, Paul – Rach Kien, Binh Phouc – 1/70-9/70
53 Harbor Bend Ct.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri 63367
w/ 5th-60th ’til unit went home. transferred north.
- Schlee, George Michael – Bien Phouc – 8/67-8/68
712 Pendleton Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
LT Platoon Leader with Company A, then with HHC as S-1, later as S-2/S-5
- Schmieder, Garry – Binh Phuoc – 12/66 – 11/67
3275 Anthem Way
Vero Beach, FL 32966
- Schultz, John W. – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien – 8/69-2/70
5432 7th Ave South
Birmingham, Al 35212
submitted by r. irvin
- Scott, Charles – 3rd Platoon – 4th Platoon – 05/69-05/70
141 Woodvine Street
PO Box 420
Jacksboro, TN 37757
At Rach Kien and served in 3rd platoon app. 3 months.
Then went to 4th platoon. Like to hear from some of the guys.
- Scott, Terry – Rach Kien – 5/69 – 3/70
4406 Otsego Street
Duluth, MN 55804
Glad I found this site. Hope to get to a reunion (2012) soon. I have many memories of the guys I served with. Also remember picking up RTO duties when Johnny Bowen went down.
- Sery, Greg – Rach Kien – 6/69 – 12/69
I served as a Squad Leader in Alpha Company. Later, I was assigned to Go Devil Academy in Tan An as an Instructor.
- Sharpe, Merle (Jim) – Bravo Co, Alpha Co CO, HHC 1967-1968
- Smith, Rawlin L. – Bearcat – 2/68 – 12/68
11580 E. Main Road
Dodge City, KS 67801
I also served in Recon.
- Smith, Robert – 1st Platoon – Binh Phuoc – 3/67 – 4/68
407 Taylor Street
Joliet, IL 60435
- Spears, William – Dong Tam, FB More, Rach Kien – 9/68-7/69
Don’t remember what platoon or squad. Served as a pointman, RTO, fire team leader. Was at Plain of Reeds many times. Air mobile. Was with Alpha Company 1/16th with 1st Infantry Division at Lai Ke until becoming part of 9th Div. Was at Fire Base Moore, Rach Kien, Tan An area, Ben Luc, “Cam Guoch”(?). Went to Vietnam as a PFC left as an Sgt. To contact me please use E-mail. No advertisements please.
5th Battalion Association Alpha Company Representative
- Stanton, Ken – HHQ Co, attached to Alpha Co – Lai Khe, then Dong Tam – 08/68 – 10/68
I was a medic attached to Alpha Co, 1/16, 1st Inf Div at Lai Khe, then 5/60, 9th Inf Div at Dong Tam, from August 1968 until September 26th, when I was wounded in the Plain of Reeds near Cai Lai. In October 1968, I transferred to the 9th Medical Battalion at Dong Tam, where I was NCOIC of the ER until my DEROS in June 1969. I would like to hear from anyone I knew there. Email or call me at 510-524-1377.
- Stewart, Tom A. – Rach Kien – 3/68 – 3/69
1555 24th Street
Ogden, UT 84401
Served 1st/16th then 5th/60th Alpha Co. 1st. and 4th. Platoons.
- Streeter, Michael Douglas ( Cody ) – 6/70-9th went home
635 Dove Hill Ave
Kearney, NE 68845
Looking for Dennis Richards. He carried the thump gun, ( m79 ), I carried the M60 after gunner hit booby trap in Hobo Woods area. We worked the canals, and Plain of Reeds also; and other Mekong areas. The 9th went home in Aug or Sept and we got split up and re-deployed. Didn’t know many guys, only by knickname if at all.
- Tavarez, Gilbert L, Alpha Co – Binh Phuoc – 12/66 – 6/67
14527 Gandesa Road
La Mirada CA 90638
Thanks to my grandson for finding this website. I now can engage in this website with my former members of 5th of the 60th..
- Tanasz, Dan (Mouse) – Rach Kien, Binh Phouc – 3/70-
252 Stagecoach Rd.
Brookside, Utah 84782
- Tharp , Barney Eugene – 1st Platoon – Rach Kien – 9/68 – 6/69
Gary Voss David L. Tiffany Ronald Paniccia
Danny Hanson Ed Reiser Ronald B. Bishop
Randall E. Welch Rich Jordon Dennis Gaffney
John Coyle Stewart Butters James Kelly
Robert J. “Jim” Skinner
3240 Sam Browning Rd.
Lebanon, Kentucky 40033
I was platoon sgt. for 1st.plt.Alpha Co. I’d like to hear from my pointman, Jordan, who was wounded in a firefight in the Plain of Reeds near Sung Hieu on 26 September 1968. Also I looking for the best damn radioman a sergeant could ask for, Dana Hartley from Chicago, Ill. I would truly love to hear from any or all my Vietnam Brothers. We’ve been separated too long. Thanks.
- Thomas, Terry – Bearcat, Dong Tam – 6/66 – 7/67
2689 Colemere Street
Sandy, UT 84092-3422
Joined A Co. at Fort Riley in June 1966. Went to Vietnam with unit in fall of 1966 on troop ship. Arrived in Bearcat and lived in pup tents until we went to Dong Tam in January of 1967.
- Thomas, Robert W. – Bearcat – 11/66 – 11/67
3198 East State Hwy 97
Nixon, TX 78140
830-582-2871 or 830-703-0689
I was called Tex. I carried the M-60. If you know me e-mail or call. God Bless You.
- Thompson, Arthur F. – 1/68 – 5/7/68
2630 Venetian Way
Huntsville, Alabama 35810
Injured at the Y-Bridge in the Cholon District May 7, 1968.
- Thompson, Roger – 3rd Platoon, 1st squad – Rach Kien – 4/69-4/70
2002 Chama Av.
Loveland, Colorado 80538
submitted by r. irvin
- Thone, Walter J. – 1st Platoon – 5/67-10/67
Web Page – 9th Infantry Division 5/60 Company A
- Titcomb, Jeff – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien – 6/69-9/69
820 Woodland Lane
New Richmond WI 54017
Came to A/5/60 from C/3/47 in late May or early June 1969.
- Trani, Anthony J. – 2nd Platoon – Binh Phuoc – 12/66-12/67
745 Sandy Road
Gretna VA 24557
They called me Tony back then. I was from N.J. Sgt. Kenneth Weiss was my platoon Sgt. but he was KIA in Sept. of 1967. I flew over to Vietnam from Ft. Riley. I was in the advanced party. I believe that 200 of us were on the plane. The rest of the 9th Division went over by ship. I went on combat missions with The Big Red One, Charlie Co. stationed in Vung Tau. Those guys were there for 10 months when I joined them. I was sent back to the 9th when the ship arrived – about 19 days later. We were based at Bear Cat in the beginning. Lt. Loren Saxton was our platoon leader in the beginning. He later moved on up the ranks – Great Man! I went on R&R 10 months later and I ran into the medic from Charlie Co. that survived. He had gone back for another year – a lifer. He told me that just about the whole company (C) was wiped out shortly after I went back to my division – the 9th. Dale Rice was my machine gunner. Jay Dunn, Wayne Wainewright, Mike Dyer, Donald Fisher, Richard Thompson, Ross, Sawyer, Billy Stribbling and other great guys were in our 2nd Platoon.
- Trump, Aaron T. – 3rd Platoon – Rach Kien – 6/69-7/70
184 Chesterfield Drive
Kingsland TX 78639
- Varner, Daniel L. – Binh Phuoc – 03/70 -09/70
5320 W. Belmont Ave
Glendale, Arizona 85301-8631
- Vaught, Dewey E. Jr – Binh Phuoc – 10/67 – 11/68
Larry J. Purcell
1237 Liberty Church Road
Loris SC 29569
H – 843-756-5466
C – 843-421-4070
Served as Alpha Co Platoon Leader then as XO. Took over Recon 4/68
Moved north to the 1st/16th and served there as HHC CO.
- VonFeldt, Stan – 3rd Platoon – 3rd Squad – Rach Kien – 2/69-4/70
7850 Towhee Road
Parker, Colorado 80134
Pointman – Squad Leader
- Wagner, Jim – Bear Cat – 12/66-11/67
2761 Bronson Hill Rd
Avon, NY 14414
- Warren, Harry – Rach Kien – 10/68-7/69
4170 West Country Rd 500S
North Vernon, IN 47265
Anybody who knows me, Call.
- Weber, Richard L. – Ft Riley, Bearcat, Tan Heip, Binh Phuoc – 8/66 – 11/67
216 Park Lake Circle, Apt B
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Also served at My Tho and Dong Tam.
Alpha C0 CO 7/66-3/67.
Bn S-2 3/67-11/67 .
- Weiher, Kenneth W. – Lai Ke, FB Moore, Dong Tam, Rach Kien – 5/68-4/69
5204 63rd Street
Kenosha WI 53142
- Weir, Jim – Sgt. – 1st Platoon – 5/68-9/68
1st platoon – 1st squad
- White, Jimmy – Binh Phuoc – 12/66 – 11/67
30 Wayne Drive
Plainview, NY 11803
- Wiles, Larry A. – Binh Phuoc – 4/68 – 5/68 – 1st Platoon
PO Box 1287
Cuba, MN 87013
Wounded during 2nd Siege of Saigon, Y Bridge, 9 May 68,
medivaced to states one week later.
- Williams Burton F. – 2nd/4th Artillery FO – 9/68 – 4/69
Artillery Forward Observer attached from A btry, 2/4th Artillery. Love to hear from my Infantry brothers who covered my rearend numerous times.
- Williams Robert E. – 2nd/4th Artillery FO Team- 5/68 – 6/69
Murrieta Ca 92563
Served with 2/29th, 3/39th and 5/60th each with Alpha Co’s. in Rach Kien, 5-68-6-69 as a member of the FO teams.
- Wright, Alton (Tex) – 1st Platoon – 9/67-2/68
- Wyckoff, Richard C. – 1st Platoon – 2/70 – pullout to 25th ID
3151 56th Street Trail
Center Point, IA 52213-9263
Thinking of my old friends. Welcome Home
- Young, Joe – 2nd Platoon – Binh Phuoc – 5/70 – 10/70
455 Tappen Ave.
North Plainfield NJ 07063
I joined the battalion in the beginning of May 1970 and was an RTO for Alpha Co., 2nd platoon, going into Cambodia. I got pulled off line on Shakey’s Hill. I was with the battalion until its last day, after which I was transferred to the 25th Inf. Div., then to an MP outfit at Cam Ranh Bay.
- Younts, Douglas J. – 1st Platoon – Rach Kien (?) – 5/69 to 8/69 W.I.A.
217 Short St.
Winchester, Indiana 47394
I believe I was in 1st Plt. I slept in bottom bunk below Frank Vilet from Flint Mi. FRANK WHERE ARE YOU AT ???? I knew Lawrance Weller from Ft. Wayne In. He was with another Co. I know Ernie Saldibar. I was wounded Aug. 16th also the same night Art Nazabal (DOC) was K.I.A. Frank If you see this get in touch or do you remember me???? GOD BLESS to all my Brothers
- Yule, John A. – Rach Kien – 5/69 – 9/69
52 Central Avenue
Cohoes, NY 12047