2019 REUNION UPDATE
From Ron McCants:
The recent reunion was a huge success as each one proves to be!
They are what we make them – spending time with old friends and making new ones.
There are a few things we need to know going forward.
1. Lee Alley has been redeployed – at his own request! After 18+ years of leading us, he wants to rejoin the ranks of those of us who are able to attend the reunions with no responsibilities. In other words, he wants to be able to spend more time with you. I said all of that to say that he
has “retired” / resigned as President of the Association. I am sure you all want to join me in heartfelt appreciation for his leadership!
2. At the business meeting the members present selected me as Lee’s successor. I am both honored and humbled at the confidence you placed in me. Together, we will all continue to insure the Association continues to fulfill its stated mission / vision.
3. Metz has also relinquished his responsibilities as Webmaster. Thank you, Metz, for taking on the website and doing an excellent job! Linda Adams has graciously volunteered to take on the responsibility. She has tremendous expertise in this area and is a welcomed addition to the team. For those who do not know, Linda is the niece of one of our comrades in arms,
Ron Bishop. Linda and her mother June, Ron’s sister have attended many reunions throughout the years. Welcome aboard Linda!
4. As some of you may not know, Metz is facing personal and family medical issues. Barbara is in the hospital and that takes tremendous amounts of physical, emotional and spiritual energy. Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers.
5. Please direct any updated information for the website to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other questions regarding the Association may be directed to me at email@example.com or 850-590-5665 (voice or text).
I apologize for not practicing the grace of brevity, but as you can see there is important information that needs to be communicated. We will endeavor to pass along all pertinent information in a timely manner.
PS: We decided at the membership meeting to return to St. Louis for Reunion 2021.
Details will follow.
- Continue to maintain a first class webpage. The webpage is the Associations “face and voice” to members. The webpage must be updated routinely with new information such as names and pictures. This is the first priority.
- Continue to build the Association’s membership. Only through identifying additional members of the battalion and bringing them into the Association can we fulfill the Association mission. Expanding membership is the second priority.
- Strengthen the role of the Company Representatives. The Association Officers cannot reach out to all members as the membership grows. Company Representatives are the “company commanders” to grow members and to discuss the desires and needs of the membership.
- Plan and hold reunions as desired by membership. During each reunion unofficial polls should be taken to decide how frequently reunions should be held. Identify locations, plan programs and provide a meaningful experience along the line of the mission’s statement of the Association.
- Hold periodic elections as required. Hold elections at reunions or as required on line.